Hello dear readers!
It’s been a really long time, hasn’t it? It has honestly been so crazy busy that I haven’t had a chance to catch my breath. Nevertheless, that is hardly an excuse.. We are now back on track with some lovely posts in the pipeline.
With all the hecticness, I am thrilled to introduce a new member on board, Stephanie Payne. She has recently joined Portfolio, and has thus far been a great help in keeping me sane and on track. She will also be contributing some lovely posts, so be sure to check in to “meet” her and see what she has to offer.
Now that all that is out of the way… We have Colour of the Month: Pretty Pink, to kick start the run of posts. Plascon’s Colour of the Month for October is Pink and this is what Catherine Bowen from Plascon Trends had to say about choosing pink for your room:
- Soft pinks are ideal in bedroom spaces where the mood can be kept gentle and soothing; shades like pale rose and salmon pink symbolize unconditional love (good for uplifting, calming and soothing flagging spirits and for relieving feelings of loneliness and depression).
- Bright pinks are often preferred by young, teenage girls, as these shades are energizing and motivational; they tend to encourage feelings of self-confidence and self-assurance in people. Fuchsia for example is fun-loving, carefree, upbeat and pulses with vibrancy.
- Try an unexpected pink accent in the bathroom or dining room to bring it to life.
- Chocolate, Black and Grey will give it a modern maturity, that it sometimes lacks, and elevates it to très chic.
- White & Pink is a timeless combination that remains eternally fresh and inviting.
- Cream & pale or dirty Pinks are evocative of wedding and French décor scenes.
- Greens or Dusky Greens & dirty Pinks will yield an English country-garden colour palette.
- Silver and/or Gold & pale Pinks are created for one another.
Aren’t these choices of pink just glorious? I know that it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I’m sure you can all appreciate the splendour it evokes.
Have an amazing week everyone.
All images can be found on our Pretty Pinks Pinterest Board.